Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FreeSwitch - config assistance for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRB-Bldr

Programmer
May 17, 2001
US
Since I am a total newbie to FreeSwitch please be patient and 'gentle' with me....

With a new IT position I have 'inherited' 2 FreeSwitch installations.
* One installation environment is working (version 1.0.7)
* And one installation environment (version 1.5.14) is a new test environment that is not working.

I have tried to search the 428 page FreeSwitch documentation for an answer and got totally lost within it.
And I have tried to search the web for an answer, but did not find anything clearly spelled out.
And, lastly, I tried to investigate the working installation - duplicating settings as best I could to arrive at an answer, but could not get things working in the new test environment.

Now on to describe my problem....

I cannot get the new test environment to answer the inbound call and in the FreeSwitch log I find: Rejected by acl "domains". Falling back to Digest auth.

I have a dedicated SIP phone line which can successfully call into the new test environment.
And via FS_CLI I can see the call being received.
However the connection is never established and in the log I find: Rejected by acl "domains". Falling back to Digest auth.
NOTE - I have the incoming call's IP address already defined in the following files:
c:\freeswitch\debug\conf\autoload_configs\acl.conf.xml
Code:
<list name="domains" default="deny">
[indent]<!-- domain= is special it scans the domain from the directory to build the ACL -->[/indent]
[indent]<node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>[/indent]
[indent]<!-- use cidr= if you wish to allow ip ranges to this domains acl. -->[/indent]
[indent]<node type="allow" cidr=<[COLOR=#EF2929]incoming call's IP address[/color]>/>[/indent]
</list>

c:\freeswitch\debug\log\freeswitch.xml.fsxml
Code:
<list name="domains" default="deny">
[indent]<!-- use cidr= if you wish to allow ip ranges to this domains acl. -->[/indent]
[indent]<node type="allow" cidr=<[COLOR=#EF2929]incoming call's IP address[/color]>/>[/indent]
</list>

In both FreeSwitch environments I have a directory named: c:\freeswitch\Debug into which the previous individual installed all of the configuration parameters.
That path definition is defined in the c:\freeswitch\debug\log\freeswitch.xml.fsxml file, but nowhere else.
But if Freeswitch were not 'aware' of the \debug directory, it would not 'know' to 'look' into it for configuration info.

Questions regarding the new test environment:
1. Where/How is FreeSwitch configured to recognize this 'Debug' directory so that it will look for its configuration parameters there?
**** Maybe the non-working environment does not have that setting established and therefore is ignoring settings made there.

2. Within the Debug directory I have configured the new inbound IP address into the file: acl.conf.xml and have 'mirrored' the working environment in that regard.
**** But the 'Rejected' message in the log suggests that somehow that is not being recognized.

3. Are there other files which I have missed in trying to set this up?

Any assistance/advice/suggestions you might have would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back