Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FreePBX International Dialling from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalejay

Technical User
Jan 17, 2011
GB
Guys i am going crazy over this and cannot figure it out.

I have my dial plans on my Outbound Route set up as follows:

0[0123456789].
00|[ZXXX.

and the same but with 9 in front

But when i dial any international number i get "The number could not be completed as dialled"

And the SSH Logs show: "Trunk reports address incomplete - giving up"

Help!

The best way to resolve the issue is to SSH into the system using Putty or similar software.

Once logged in, go to CLI by typing asterisk -rvvvvvv (the move v's the more verbose)

Once in CLI, make a test call. You should be able to see the call and the digits sent out. This should allow you to at least know what needs to be resolved.

Dalejay said:
I have my dial plans on my Outbound Route set up as follows:

0[0123456789].
00|[ZXXX.

Won't the first pattern also match an international access number (00X.)? Since no UK numbers start 00, take the 0 out of the first dialplan pattern (I'm assuming that's designed to catch any UK number with area code?)

Please provide the exact first 5 numbers of the telephone number exactly as you would dial them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back