Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freehand MX won't open Freehand 9 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

btalon

Programmer
Dec 16, 2002
US
We have just loaded Freehand MX on a G5 running the new OSX. We can't open any of the Freehand 9 files with the new MX software. We also still have files that were created in Freehand 8, but are able to open those files with Freehand 9. Is MX not backwards compatible so that you can open Freehand 9 files without converting them.
(Once they have been converted to MX, 9 has problems with them, therefore we would have to implement all the G5s at the same time which is not what we want to do.)
??????

This isn't going to help you one little bit, but I just ran a test, saving a freehand document in 7, 8, 9 and 10. I opened all of them just fine from MX. I am running OS 10.2.8 on a silver G4 so I don't think it's an MX problem.
I am assuming, of course, that you are opening MX first and then opening the files from MX. Freehand always looks for the version of the application it was created in first & if it's not there, sometimes won't open so double clicking on the freehand file itself might not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back