Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freehand MX Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manueld

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
PT
We have a user running Freehand MX on a XP (SP1) machine with the following characteristics: P IV 2.8Ghz, 512 MB ram, 80 Gb HD, ATI Rodeon 9220 128 MB graphics board.

The only other application installed is Photoshop 7.0.

Frequently when using freehand the following error occurs "could not draw the document because an unknown command was encountered" and the machine simply hangs.
The user loses all her work. The error is not easily reproduced as it does not happen all the time.
I know nothing about Freehand,cannot anybody help?

Hello,

I have had the very same error warning yesterday, when trying to open a freehand document I have been working on for weeks. The document simply cannot be opened. I do not have any answer to your question, because I have the same problem. Have you been able to restore your file in the mean time? If so, please let me know how you went about it.

Greetings

Hi,
our users backup copies of their work onto the local server at the end of everyday so normally if this error occurs, the most they lose is one day´s work.

What we do now in the mean time (until we discover what causes this error)is get the users to save their work more frequently so if the error message occurs, they reboot their pc and carry on working (they only lose the work from the last save).

We also downgraded one user to Freehand 9 and doing the same work, the error never occurs.

Regards

MS

The error is deleted by the freehand 11.01 update. After its installation the file is acccessible again.

Greetings

We installed de latest upgrade (11.01 MXa)but the error continues. This happens wether the machine is connected to the network or stand alone.
We have the same problem with the other 5 users. This error is intermittent and happens on differente files.

Regards

MS

I keep getting this error Could not draw document because an error is occured.

on win XP freehand 10 what shall i do i am in the middle of something lost all my work

happens quite a few times but always came up on its own this time it just doesnt wanna work

please help someone sooonnnn

thanks

FYI.... Freehand MX is garbage. We're running Freehand MX on Macs and saving to a 2003 Server with all kinds of errors. Here is the official response I received from Macromedia themselves about the issues:

I understand that you are having some issues saving files over a network location. FreeHand does not always work when saving on a network location. It has been a recommended workflow for FreeHand to save and access documents from the local machine first. The application is using some local machine's settings so it would be a good idea to really work locally, and transfer your files after in your server. I guess you already found this workaround helpful for your issue.

I will let our engineers know about your issue so we could probably make the future versions of FreeHand work in saving or opening files on a network. I would also request you to do the same by filling out our Feature Request form. Your voice as a customer is what our product engineers need when it comes to requests and feedbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back