Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Virtual Labs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc365

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2008
US
Does anyone know how to get Free Cisco Virtual Labs, what site??? I am a newbie trying to study for CCNA exam.

Thanks!

doc365,

First, we all here (at least most of us :)) will say that you are much better off putting together a lab of real Cisco routers and switches off of eBay - 3 routers and 3 switches and that lab will be a great foundation for a CCNP lab, just check back any of the previous posts on the subject!!

You might want to check out the FAQs here - there is a list a lots of websites with different material for Cisco Certs - lots of it FREE.

Boson has one of the best Cisco Sims on the market - not cheap but they do have a FREE download so you can try before you nuy - I do not remember what is diabled in the trial version - worth a try -

One of the versions of the Sybex CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle comes with a pretty good router sim - but you are paying for it with a GREAT book for the CCNA!!

I did not see the 6th edition with the router sim, seems the sim is sold seperate, but the older books have it - might be able to find the older book for a song at Amazon or eBay with the router sim -

You also have Dynagen which is an emulator that runs a real Cisco IOS (you have to find IOS copies) just like a router would, you can read more here -

or

Or just "google" free router sim" and follow the links !!!

Just remember in some case they arre just as good as what you paid for them :) :)

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Also check out and don't forget about Cisco's Packet Tracer program which is currently build 4.11 but version 5 will incorporate route redistribution and IPv6 support..

By the way guys.. I am about two weeks from taking the CCNA and that is why I am posting less at the moment... I will be back soon though.. Just let me get my cert out of the way.. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back