Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free utility for playing G729.wav audio file

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolseley

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
AU
I searched Google for a few keywords to find what I was looking for (Free utility to play codec G729 audio file), but apparently I'm brain-damaged at the moment.

I am looking for a free utility (I quess there is none) to be installed on a window platform ?

Any commercial one that we can try it before we buy it ?

Thanks

There will be commercial ones out there, but not sure on try before you buy. The reason you won't find free ones is it is licensed, so the software maker would run at a loss!

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

There will be commercial ones out there, but not sure on try before you buy.
Thanks. Are you aware of any these commercial ones ?

can't wireshark do this?[/quote]
WireShark is a Network Analyzer,,,,Can we find such an option to play codec G729 ?

Wireshark only plays G711 I believe.

Yep just checked.

Note: For the moment, this feature works only for G711 A-Law and G711 u-Law RTP streams (other codecs not implemented).

To play the RTP audio stream of one or multiple calls from the VoIP List, select them from the list and then press the "Player" button:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back