Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Transform (Perspective) Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMax

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
US
Gang,

I'm having trouble getting the Free Transform Tool to distort in perspective...getting almost all the way there, but then can't complete the transformation. I have a multi layered vector drawing I need to widen only at the right, to fit an angled TV Screen in another drawing.

Per the help files...I selected the objects with Selection Tool. Then I selected the Free Transform Tool. Then I started dragging a handle on the corner of the bounding box & then held down Shift+Alt+Ctrl (Windows) to get the desired perspective...which I did...& it's shaped the way I want.

But...then what happens? Whether I release the mouse first or the Shift,Alt,Ctrl button first...the object jumps back to a linear transformation...rectangular...with no perspective.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks much,

Sonic Max
Illustrator 10
Windows 2000 Pro

You should only be holding down the Ctrl key.
The Shift key's only purpose when you are dragging on a corner it to resize proportionally.
The Alt key contstrains your actions to the vertical and horizontal axes.

MadOz,

Forgot to come back & thank you, man.

Thanks.

Sonic Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back