Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Tacacs+/Radius 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyjenks

Technical User
Oct 19, 2001
GB
Hi,
Could anyone point me in the right direction of a free Windows Tacacs+/Radius server for 10 users to authenticate against 350+ Cisco Devices

Many thanks in advance
Matt

Already thought of that. it only allows 30 (i think) devices to authenticate with it.

Maybe, I hadn't run into that. We use Cisco ACS now, and that works well. You could look at freeradius, but I have no experience with it.

Cheers for you help. Looked at CiscoSecure but we cant justify £2k for allowing 10 network engineers centralised authentication.....

Oh well might have to look at linux platform afterall then......

And I thought my company was cheap. 2k for a tool like that could be cost justified easily. Has anyone asked how much time your engineers spend doing these tasks manually in 1 year? How about the time saved in just centralizing audit logs for these devices when an investigation or troubleshoot is necessary?

[morning] needcoffee

Unfotunatly working for a govenment agency they only see what is being spent not what could be saved

Hi Matt,

have you found something that is not as expensive as Cisco ACS. I'm looking for something sheep. You metion Linux ? Please if you could provide me with the solution that you found that would be greatly appreciate...

tks,
yanic chaussé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back