Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Spell Checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteCan

Programmer
Jan 15, 2002
GB
I have a web site, predominately asp, which could do with a spell check facility. Rather than writing one is there anywhere on the web i can download one for free?

there are two main ways for you to consider doing this; whichever way you choose would depend on your target audience.

the first method is performed server-side, for which you would probably need to install some type of component or 3rd party service.

the second method can be performed client-side, and the particular example i'm thinking of (i'm sure there are other ways) involved instantiating a microsoft word object as an ActiveX control to do the spell checking for me. BUT, that requires your visitors to have Word 2000 installed, and their brwoser secutiry settings turned down. so if this is for an intranet or personal use, you could go with this option. google will be your best friend on this one...

good luck!

Funka,

I want to add a Spell Checker on an Intranet site. Is there any chance you can give me a more detailed description of your MS Word solution?

Mighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back