Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free seating individual divertee position

Status
Not open for further replies.

meltitdown

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
NZ
Hi - can Some one tell me the basic method for activating an individual diversion point for Generic extensions under free seating? I see it mentioned in the CDIV but it's not allowed to create a CDINI. (I don't want to use PELPI's.)

cheers

It's not possible to use cdini on a generic extension.

You can use:

GEPEI:DIR="Freeseating extension",proc=A21A"individual diversion point"B;

meltitdown,

please keep in mind that the follow me will be gone at a data reload. why don't you want to use PELPI?

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi

I don't have licenses for PELPI. And it increases the cost of a free seating solution by a large margin.

The FME solution is not ideal since it will forward all calls and will be lost in a reload.

Seems strange that a generic extension can't have an individual diversion point. Especially when it's mentioned in the catagory parameters. Alex makes me think it should be possible to use IV as an individual diversion point but I can't test it and it's not clear. Does anyone know where abouts in Alex I can find the Software capacities for Free Seating per Lim etc.

meltitdown, what SW are you in? from BC12 the RID license is free...

Hi -

yeah I have heard that but I am at BC11 sp13.

so that's another reason to upgrade your system :)

yeah...unfortunately that's not my decision. If that's the option the company who's MD it is will go for dropping the money on their second PABX I think. (They already have an Avaya VoIP setup sitting next to the MD)

What kind of cost is that upgrade? (BC11->BC12) Compared to buying 700 Free seating licenses and 500 RID licenses for BC11? I told them to get a quote for both. But who knows which way they will go.

cheers

Hi

I am not sure for your market, but there is a migration campaign from Ericsson free of charge for Mxone Telephony Switch.
There is only few money to spend for the proms upgrade and the man hour spend to do the upgrade.
May be it is a way to upgrade a low cost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back