Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free PBX 2.5 need correct Call Center phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneK

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
I have a Free PBX 2.5 server and have set up and tested all my call center features for a mini-call center (2 phones) that we want to deploy. We currently use Polycom IP330 sets for other phones but I need a more robust phone to handle the following call center needs: 1. Agents need to know what state they are in (either logged in or logged out) and 2. if there are calls in queue. Is there a phone that we can program to have a light illuminate if there are callers in queue and when they are logged in? I have read that Asterisk works well in contact centers and I would think that these features are necessary, however, I cannot find any documenation on what type phones work best or if these features are even available within the application.
Thanks for your help.

Can't say for Asterisk and your call center application. But I have recently tested some SNOM handsets the 821 in particular and they are awesome.

I would recommend taking a look at them

Thank you. I am looking at the snom phones and they seem to have the capability of what I need. Now, I will have to figure out how to get FreePBX to talk to snom and activate that functionality.
If anyone out there has done this, I would love to hear from you.

You can run software on the agent pc like astassistant which will provide this information.

I have an IP550 phone but am having a hard time finding any "how to" on setting up a queue light and agent login light on the phone. Has anyone out there set these 2 features up with a Polycom phone?

Polycom phones for such features need the config pushed out over tftp/http/ftp provisioning. In the configuration file you can configure login/logout buttons etc.

The Snom 821 is indeed a nice phone.

However polycom are more robust. Polycom make a great quality phone but unfortunately they do not make configuration easy.

Snom make an easy to configure phone but firmware can be a bit buggy. I don't know how you plan to get this information on calls waiting in queue and agents logged in onto the snom phone or any ip phone for that matter unless you plan to create an xml application that the phone can browse to.

I think your best bet is to create a small desktop application or web based application that connects to Asterisk Manager Interface and collects information on calls waiting and agents logged in. That is what I have done for my call center.

AMI is your friend ;-)

Regards,

Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back