Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Microsoft developer products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh .. Gum Drops!

Thanks for that Chris, I'm a big M$ fan so i'm sure those little bits and pieces will come in handy.

Rob

Before you install any member of the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition family, you must install the .NET Framework 2.0.

Ahhh, I knew there was a catch.

I've been using these products for a few weeks now. It took a while to download them all, and it wasn't always clear what order they had to be installed in, but once they're up and running, they're pretty good! I think I'm actually starting to warm to ASP.NET 2.0...

ChrisHunt
You're right, maybe I've been working too hard lately. I think M$ has worn me down!

coachdan
As far as I can remember, I started with the .NET Framework Version 2.0 Software Development Kit, then SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, and finally Visual Web Developer. I just had a quick look at their site, and it seems to be relatively easy to follow now. When I was downloading it, the instructions were very confusing, and there were lots of small components that I didn't know if I needed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back