Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free login to UNIX through TELNET 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay1Roy

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
IE
Hi,

I want to know some sites on the internet to let me logon and compile programs in Unix through a Telnet session. Its for my self development. Do you have any suggestion???

Chow!

Jayanta Roy.
user.gif

Why not install Linux or FreeBSD on your own computer and dual-boot? Or if all you want is a command-line interface without XFree86 Windows, just install it on an old 386/486 (we all have at least one in the closet) and you turn it into a Unix box and telnet into it.

GS, you dint get the point. I want to have a Unix(like) login from my office PC so that I can brush my skills on Unix. The solution you have given is a good one but of no use to me.

Subtonz, Thanx ::) for your suggestion, it was a very long download but I feel the cygwin stuff is real cool. The earlier one is smaller but isnt that fun. I have marked your suggestion as helpful!

Thank you all.
user.gif

mail me : jayantaroy@email.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back