Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free JavaScript editor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonetok

Programmer
Jun 5, 2015
US
I use visual studio to develop web app.
Except for VS, what free JS editor is the best to learn JS with intelligence feature? (will display building functions, property and usage)

I agree with Aptana, but in case you want something less full featured, Notepad++ is great for all your editing needs.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Text2 rocks in many ways. You can program a short string to insert as little code and as much code as you like. I created many macros to help me speed thru. Here is one. I type HTML5 hit tab and a brand new HTML page is loaded for me with Google Scripts links for Jquery, and several other links, my favorite main.css, main.js... And the cursor is sent where you want it to be...

JavaScript:
<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
<head>
	<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
	<title>TITLE</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/main.css">
	<script type='text/javascript' src='/js/main.js'></script>
	<script src="[URL unfurl="true"]http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>[/URL] 
	<script> 
		jQuery(document).ready(function($) { 
                    |[COLOR=#EF2929]cursor blinking here[/color]
    		request.send();   
    		var dta = request.responseText.split("\n");

});
	</script>
</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

There are incredible features.

Webstorm is nice too. It is well fitted for Node.js

Dennis

Not an editor but additionally you might want to look into this JS autocompleter:

Just in case the function you try to programm is something that has already been solved on Stackoverflow forums, this autocompleter will generate thew code from the accepted / highest-rated answers.
Might be handy.

Cheers,
MakeItSo

"Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family." (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

Just in case the function you try to programm is something that has already been solved on Stackoverflow forums, this autocompleter will generate thew code from the accepted / highest-rated answers.
Might be handy.

I have got to say that seems to be something of a rather dangerous precedent in "auto-complete" methods, as it makes it less likely the user will really learn how to program. At least currently they have to use Google and employ a bit of grey matter in figuring out what works best.

We really are attempting to breed future generations of programmers who are most definitely not evolved to survive in the real world if all they know is to "ask the audience" to find solutions.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I agree. That is why I said "additionally". I did not want to encourage using that as a replacement.
Yet, here he is, asking the audience.
I'd surely be lost without such little extras.

"Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family." (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

Just a heads up that the current Apanta installer doesn't work on Windows 7 x64.

apanta_pqqhnx.png

apanta2_sigxfc.png

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Just a heads up that the current Apanta installer doesn't work on Windows 7 x64.

Not that it is competition for Visual Studio or anything like that of course, </cynicism> [surprise]

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back