Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free formatting new web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

escellentguy

Technical User
Nov 28, 2005
US
Hello all....am I missing something? I am trying to create a new web in FrontPage. My problem is that every time I start a new page it defaults with an inserted table or something designed to incorporate the whole page as you hit enter to move down. I want to format my page freely like you can in power point or publisher. This inserted table won't allow that. I want to put text boxes and shapes wherever I want on the page not into a table. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Web design is quite a bit different from PowerPoint or Publisher. In order to control placement, you really need to use tables. (Except for people who have the necessary skills to use CSS for layout.)

FrontPage 2003 starts new pages with a layout table - lots of people don't care for this as they would prefer to make their own table for layout. Perhaps this is the table you are seeing.

If you will look at the task pane, you should find an option that will allow you to eliminate the layout table so you can make your own.

I am concerned that you said you want to use Frontpage like PowerPoint or Publisher. Take the time to learn a little HTML and understand web page structure. There are tons of free HTML tutorials on the Web. You need tables for layout.

i certainly did not mean exactly like powerpoint i was using that as an example. i know html and i could take the time to program it but why bother when front page is a lot easier sorry that my example made me sound like such a raving idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back