Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free/Busy info not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJB

MIS
Jul 17, 2000
AU
Hello,

We have recently started using Exchange 2000 Server and our clients use Windows 98 with Outlook 2000.

Some users are unable to see other users free/busy info when arranging a meeting, they only see the checked box (no information).

How does the distribution of free/busy info work? Does it need to be 'turned on' for each user? Do permissions need to added on client side or server side?

Any information/suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

We use E5.5, and I managed to lose the Free/Busy folder when migrating servers. There is a Microsoft Technet artical which explains how to reset the Free/Busy folder. Do a search on restoring Public Folders. If your Free/Busy folder is not lost, then the problem may be at the Outlook side.

After restoring the Free/Busy folder we had go to each user and start Outlook with a special switch, which reset the Free/Busy information. I can not remember what the switch was, may be some else knows.

Thanks for the tips chifu.

I actually found the problem today. The users that were unable to see free/busy info were using their own contacts lists as the first address list that was checked rather than the Global Address list. They also had staff addresses in the own contacts list.

By changing the Global address list to the top of the list they can now see the free/busy info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back