Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Franken-BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

routerheads

Technical User
Nov 1, 2005
US
I was looking for a way to use some of the stuff we have laying around. I have 4 2.03 BCM's sitting on the shelf and after reading some posts I am wondering if I can cobble some parts together and get one running at a newer image. I have several of the 20 gig drives and the BIT tool.

Can I Add the memory and PEC cards from one of the systems, image a 20 gig with 3.6 and have it work? This will just be for use in the lab.

Thanks
JB

What is the version of the MSC card? That is the key.
You can double the memory or even put in two 256 meg sticks. You can swap out PEC 1 cards for PEC 3 cards. If the MSC card is the correct version you can use the 20 gig and the BIT tool. You can even go to Power Leap and upgrade the CPU. If you go to Power Leap, call a technician don't use the online tool.

NARSBARS

What about taking two of the PEC-1 cards out of another unit for a total of four PEC-1 cards, will that work?

Thanks

4 PEC-1 cards is the same as 2 PEC-3's. It'll work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back