Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Framing an Active Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitneyb

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2000
US
Hi... Can someone please tell me how to frame a publically accessible website? Or direct me to a place where I can learn about it... Thanks!

It's easy to frame one but you better make sure they aren't running a framebuster script before you publish to the web.

To frame one all you have to do is have your <a href> tag pointing to the right or middle frame with the target= attribute.

i.e., <a href=&quot;cnn.com&quot; target=&quot;right&quot;>CNN</a>
The above would be your link in the navigation side. The target=&quot;right&quot; would be what my right frame would be called.

You will note that CNN uses the framebuster and will only stay in your frame for about 3 seconds before it takes over the entire screen. This is why it is very important for you to check before going public with your site. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back