Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Framework Manager - JOIN between 4 query subjects (in 2 diff. name spaces)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicolaTesla1

Programmer
Feb 9, 2009
CA
Hi,

Using Framework manager v10.1.1 and we have 3 name spaces as suggested by forums and documentation:
DataBase View
Business View
Presentation View

And under our "Business View" name space we have 2 other business views name spaces as follows:

BusinessView-US
+QuerySubject1
+QuerySubject2

BusinessView-CAN
+QuerySubject1a
+QuerySubject2a

These 2 name spaces have 2 query subjects each.
They have the same number of "query items" in them as well the same number of FILTER folders.

BusinessView-CAN has data related only to Canada.
BusinessView-US has data related only to Canada.

Intention: We want to make a JOIN between those 2 namespaces in order to have both Canada and United States data in the same name space in order to be able to create only 1 package based on that newly created name space.

I know we can select a query subject from one specific name space and then CTRL + SELECT the other query subject from the other namespace and:
- Click on the "ACTION" menu
- Select the "Define Query Set" sub menu
- etc ...

Question:
- I don't seem to see how to import the "FILTER" folders from each of the "query subject" name spaces Or in fact to import both query subjects of each name space.
- I don't know if this is even possible.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back