Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Framework 3.7.1 -> 4.1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

prits77

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
ZA
Hi,

Does any one know if there is a field guide on upgrading framework from 3.7.1 to 4.1. I remember seeing one sometime back but I could have been mistaken. I searched everywhere on the IBM site but cannot find it.

If there is one can someone please tell me where to find it.

Many Thanks
Prits

Should be an easy upgrade. Tivoli has really worked to get this upgrade thing correct. Any reason not to go to 4.1.1? It is the better version and has better patches.

Regards,
-Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your response. I agree with you that the upgrade has been greatly improved. I will definitely be going to TMF4.1.1+patches. However, the reason I am asking if there is a field guide is to understand the endpoint upgrade issues. I am currently sitting at FW3.7.1 with Inventory 4.0 and Software Dist 4.1. I need to go to FW4.1.1 and CM4.2.1. However the situation I face is that I need to upgrade to fw4.1.1 because CM4.2.1 needs it. But I have a large Endpoint environment(50000+). The way I see it is that I can do the following:

First upgrade all endpoints to 4.1.1 endpoints in my current 3.7.1 environment(I just won't able to use any new 4.1.1 features and inv4.0 and swd4.1 should still work)

or

Upgrade all tmr's/managed nodes to 4.1.1 and then upgrade all endpoints(inv4.0 and swd4.1 should still work with only the tmr's/managed nodes upgraded but the endpoints at 3.7.x level).

Do you have any suggestions for me on the above points?

Thank in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

Regards
Prits

then up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back