Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Framesets and display resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABOzIT

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
JP
When using framesets how do other designers cope with displaying the frames on systems with different display resolutions?

How do you avoid sqashing things up and causing content to overlap?

Never had much luck getting this right. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Display resolution and frameset development is a tricky pair.
I find that the only way to go about it is to define a corporate standard and develop for that.
Also, I find useful to fix the size of navigation panes, to be sure that they always can display links correctly, while using fit-to-size definitions for the data panes, allowing pages to display over as much screen space as the user wants to give them.
Of course, when developing for Internet access, the common trend is to state clearly on the Home Page the size for which the site was optimised.

I have this problem right now, since there are a few user stuck with 640x480 and are endlessly complaining about the size of the pages that are designed for the corporate standard (800x600).
You see, even when you have rules, you have no guarantee that no one will complain.

Pascal.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems juggling all these issues.

Thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back