Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

frames page scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgal

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
GB
Hope i can explain this well enough.....I have a page which consists of several frames. I do not want these frames to scroll so they are set to 'never show scroll bars'.

What I would like however is to have a scroll bar on the right hand of the screen which will move the frameset up and down as if it was a table.

Is it possible??

Thanks

If I understand what you are trying to do .....create a master page with little frame windows in it that move with the master page......then you want to use inline frames (iframe).
the format for an iframe is :

<iframe name=FrameName src=FillerPageName.htm height=yourheight width=yourwidth></iframe>

I would make a large table with the cells set to the size you want. Then put Iframes into them at 100% height annd width these will be the same size as the cells then. just be sure to name them all differently otherwise your targetting might go awry.

hope this helps
Bassguy

Thanks Bassguy...I'll try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back