Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frames not lining up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2001
GB
Hi guys, Im just putting the finishing touches to this site:
On my screen the top and bottom frames are about 3 or 4mm out of sync, even though the tables on each frame are exactly the same width, and centred. It seems like the bottom frame is being pushed slightly to the right.

Can anyone shed any light on this cause i can't fathom it and its really annoying me!

Thanks for your help :) Nick (Web Designer)

nick@retrographics.co.uk

Hi,

I am afriad I dont know the answer to yor question. But....I had a look about and when you click on the top nav bar it goes off to the relevant area but the frame seems chopped off and the frame below stays on the same page.

I also had a look at it in Opera 5 - looks good and
NN4 - some strange lines over on the right nav menu and the top frame is being chopped off.

Sorry if you already knew about this!

Like the look of the page tho, is very nice.

Red

Hi

The table with all the images in the top frame is created in a centred DIV. Reomve this and the table will be flush to the left. Derren
[The only person in the world to like Word]

Hi derren,

thanks for the help but i tried that and its still out of line. Strange thing is, its in line when i view the page within dreamweaver. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Nick (Web Designer)

nick@retrographics.co.uk

You also have "align='center'" set on your table. You are nothing if not over-efficient! Derren

I need at least one 'center' tag cause i need the whole lot to be centred in the page.. They just seem to be slightly out of line. How can i fix this? Nick (Web Designer)

nick@retrographics.co.uk

You have tailored the site to go to a new location if the screen resolution is greater than 1028, so why worry about centering?

Officially, the best way to centre a frameset is to put the whole thing in a frameset with columns set to *,desiredwidth,*. This way the two outside frames become an expanding buffer and will centre your page. There are problems with this regarding scrollbars not appearing where you would like on the main frameset, but your page should not suffer from that.

Then you can take the "center" off that table. Derren

Very good point....I seem to have an unhealthy fascination with centering everything :-D

Ive changed everything to left hand alignment and its lining up fine now.

Many Thanks for your help Nick (Web Designer)

nick@retrographics.co.uk

Excellent. You could think about removing that alert box as well - nobody will care, they just want to see the site!

I have to say I did think that suppor_tit_online was a superb title for a site offering support to people! Derren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back