Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame rate dropped and core temp went up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazz87

Technical User
Feb 21, 2006
US
Hey guys...i've been having a lot of problems with my video card and everything. right now i have 6 fans total and only 4 are working. the core temp on my processor is 60-63 celcius and its usually down in the 40's and low 50's. im wondering if that has anything to do with my poor frame rate. also i can't get my windows xp style back, its stuck on windows classic...i did a virus scan and its clean. any ideas or suggestions?

If the system ran fast and cool with 6 fans running, then suggest that you replace the 2 bad fans.
Also, clean off any dust built up on the fans and heatsinks, and inside the case.

ok i got all the dust out and the 2 fans are working again. the temp dropped at least 5 degrees but my framerate is still horrible.

shazz87
I'm finding it hard to give you an opinion when we simply don't know enough about your system, ie: motherboards/CPU/memory/hard drive/graphics card operating system.
What test are you using to get these frame rates?
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back