Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame Fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryH

Programmer
Jul 8, 2000
US
This is almost working...&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm hoping someone here can help.&nbsp;&nbsp;Here are links on my index.html:<br><br>&lt;A HREF=&quot;frame.html?history.html&quot;&gt;History&lt;/A&gt; <br>&lt;A HREF=&quot;frame.html?route.html&quot;&gt;Route&lt;/A&gt; <br>&lt;A HREF=&quot;frame.html?roster.html&quot;&gt;Roster&lt;/A&gt;<br><br>They point to frame.html listed below:<br><br>&lt;html&gt;<br>&lt;script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;&gt;&lt;!--<br>document.write('&lt;frameset rows=&quot;65,*&quot;&gt;');<br>document.write('&lt;frame src=&quot;menu.html&quot; name=&quot;nav&quot; target=&quot;body&quot;&gt;');<br>document.write('&lt;frame src=&quot;' + (location.search ? unescape(location.search.substring(1)):&quot;index.html&quot;) + '&quot; name=&quot;body&quot; target=&quot;_self&quot;&gt;');<br>document.write('&lt;\/frameset&gt;');<br>//--&gt;<br>&lt;/script&gt;<br>&lt;/html&gt;<br><br>Frame.html will create 2 frames and will load whichever html was picked in the index, into the bottom frame named &quot;body&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;The top frame, &quot;nav&quot;, contains menu.html listed below:<br><br>&lt;HTML&gt;<br>&lt;HEAD&gt;<br>&lt;base target=&quot;body&quot;&gt;<br>&lt;/HEAD&gt;<br>&lt;BODY&gt;<br>&lt;center&gt;<br>&lt;A HREF=&quot;history.html&quot;&gt;History&lt;/A&gt; <br>&lt;A HREF=&quot;route.html&quot;&gt;Route&lt;/A&gt; <br>&lt;A HREF=&quot;roster.html&quot;&gt;Roster&lt;/A&gt;<br>&lt;/center&gt;<br>&lt;/BODY&gt;<br>&lt;/HTML&gt;<br><br>Now, say I select &quot;Route&quot; in my index.html.&nbsp;&nbsp;Frame.html will display route.html in the frame named &quot;body&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;From the top frame, containing menu.html, I will then select &quot;Roster&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;Roster.html will then load in the frame named &quot;body&quot;, as it should.&nbsp;&nbsp;The problem now arises when I click the &quot;Refresh&quot; button on my browser.&nbsp;&nbsp;It refreshes back to &quot;Route&quot; instead of &quot;Roster&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;How can I change the code to make the refresh button work?<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back