Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPW 2.6 on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBTBILL

Programmer
May 1, 2000
US
It's been a while since I had to support this, but I've got a legacy system II need to fix and can't get FPW 2.6 to run on an XP. Constant division by 0 error. Any suggestions.

Bill Couture
http:\\

Hi,

Check out the following thread which references DZpatch to correct the problem.

Divide Overflow thread 182-1203796

We have patched our FPW2.6 years ago with DZpatch and we have been running OK from W98SE on PII's thru current state of the art machines running XP Pro and Vista OS's.

If you do a search on "Divide Overflow" you will find a lot of threads, but I would try DZpatch solution first.

John

Hello SBTBill,

I've had the same problem when I migrated a FPW app from a Win98 machine to a Win NT 4.0 machine. The problem actually is the speed of modern processors. Don't know about the DZPatch mentioned above but resolved the problem using an .exe called 'slowstart' ( in its parameters you edit FPW)

Good Luck

horstibaby

SbtBill,

Glad it worked for you. We have used it successfully to patch FPW 2.6 on our Pentium machines thru 3ghz processers here at work. It also works on my Athlon 64bit +3700 machine at home.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back