Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPS knob in movie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willbo

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
US
Anyone know if its possible to create a knob in a movie that could interactively adjust the playback speed of a movie? Adjust the FPS of the movie on the fly?

It wouldn't be too difficult to create a 'knob' consisting of a button held within an mc, which altered the rotation of the mc 'on press' of the button...which consequently altered the value of a variable reliant on the rotation value.

However, you wouldn't achieve an FPS control per se. The best you could do was to make the movie play every second, third, fourth etc frame.

In my '50 fla's' faq there'a a FLA which can be used to control playback of a movie. All you would need was a rotation-dependent variable in the form of a 'knob' instead of the play, stop, rewind, fast-rewind, fast-forward buttons.

If you are interested, shout, and I'll fire up a 'knob'.....as long as you understand that you ain't changing the FPS of the movie, you'll just be skipping frames.

dave

ps: congrats, must be the first star I've seen for posting a question ;-)
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

what the heck is the star about?
cool i see skipping frames yes indeed ok.
thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back