Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPD2.6 DOS - REPORT FORM PROBLEM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtech

Programmer
May 26, 2001
CA
Hi everyone,

I define the invoice.frx to print only a haft of the page 8 1/2 x 11 and send to the printer by using:

command Report Form invoice to printer.

The invoice prints very well in every half of page (33 lines) when printing continuously another invoice.

I define the Sales.frx to print in full page 8 1/2 x 11 (60 lines).

My problem is if I don't turn-off and on the dot matrix Fujitsu DL3450 before printing the Daily Sales report by using REPORT FORM SALES. At the end of each page it advances a half page before printing the next one. It seems that the printer keeps the settings of the previous INVOICE printed.

Here are some sequences:

1) It's OK
Print an invoice (half page)
Print another invoice (half page)

2) There is a problem
Print a Sales report (full page)

3) It's OK
Turn-off and on printer
Print a Sales report (full page)

Could anyone knows what's CHR(???) that I have to send to the printer to reset before printing the sales report?

Any others suggestions will be very appreciated.

thanks a lot...

FoxTech

Look for Top of Form command, or Reset Printer command in your manual of printer control codes

Alternatively check the Fujitsu websites for the following

SETLOAD Utility
SETLOAD Utility Ver. 1.10

This DOS-based utility is used to set the load position of forms. It is very useful for setting a precise load position for a particular pre-printed form. The reprogrammed load position is lost when the printer is reset, turned off and back on, or after running this utility again. Please read the provided text file for more details regarding program usage.
setloadz.exe (21 KB)

I need help opening program files that were created with foxpro 2.6. I do not own a foxpro 2.6. I would appreciate any suggestions.

hi DSummZZZ,

Finally, I found the solution in the printer manual.

the PCL command is:

??? chr(27) + '@' && Reset printer
Report form sale noeject off to printer

thanks

??? chr(27) + '@' (Reset printer) does not look like PCL which should be EscE for a PCL printer. You are using the standard printer control code for an Epson compatable which is chr(27)+chr(64) to reset the printer as I suggested in my earlier reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back