Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPD Reports Printing in VFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbytes

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
US
Looking to generate some large print jobs from vfp, although our main active app is written in FPD and so are the reports that I need to print. I have been working on re-writing the reports in vfp but (obviously) I can't create an exact match of the dos generated reports. I need to use the dos reports due to authenticity since the reports should have previously been printed. The jobs are WELL into the tens of thousands and being able to use vfp would be a huge help just by how fast I could finish the job over using fpd.

I have searched exhaustively and assume printing fpd reports from vfp cannot be done correctly ie special characters like boxes and lines. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming that you are right and that fpd reports from vfp cannot be run correctly and look like exact duplicates you might try a couple of approaches that we use for printing data on pre-printed forms.

Print out a blank form with no data at all and scan it to a JPG image and/or a pdf file.

1. use the jpg image as the background in a new vfp report, send it to the back and place the data on top of it.

2. automate the printing of pdf by adding form fields to the pdf files and fill them with data from vfp

wjwjr

Have you made sure that the appropriate fonts are available? Your FPD reports may be using FoxPrint.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back