Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPD 2.6 DOS box proportions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDavis

Programmer
Sep 7, 2003
US

I'm running FPD 2.6 and sometimes open the app thru a batch file, sometimes using the command FOXPROX -T <Procedure name>. The problem is getting it to run in a DOS box at 4:3.

Once open, under Properties > Font I presently have Lucida Console 28 selected, and for Layout it's Buffer=80x25, Size=80x25, and Position=2041x200. With any setting I get a long horizontal DOS box (about 14 x 7.4") that's readable, but I'll like to get it closer to 4:3 since at this point it is very stretched in appearance. When I try to change Buffer and Size settings from 80x25 to something like 80x30 it defaults back to 80x25 whenever I hit "Apply."

If I use Display=VGA50 in CONFIG.FP it makes the box taller but the display proportions stay the same, giving me only black below it that reflects the VGA50 setting. I've tried different font and other display settings to no avail. When I hit alt-enter to toggle into full-screen mode I get a normal 4:3 display, and that's what I would like to get in a DOS box.

Here is my configuration:

AUTOEXEC.NT

set foxprocfg=c:\fp\config\config.fp

CONFIG.NT

dos=high, umb
device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
files=200
buffers=99

CONFIG.FP

path=C:\FP;C:\fp\files;C:\fp\prg;C:\fp\config
development=ON
logerror=off
display=vga25
mvcount=1024
MEMLIMIT=60,2048,16384

If you are using XP (or older) as your operating system, you should try FULL SCREEN (dos) mode. Toggle full screen mode with Alt-Enter keys
You can use VGA50 or EGA43 as your display, depending on your hardware

Thanks to both of you for your reply. I tried EGA40 and it made no change from VGA25, and I mentioned trying VGA50 in my first post. I do toggle to full-screen when needed, but when I do that it cuts out my second monitor (black), and most of the time the DOS box is good enough. When I'm doing some heavy programming I'll to to full-screen. The DOS box allows me to quickly toggle between open programs or whatever much easier.

I've settled on a rather large DOS box for now and I think it will be fine. I'm using Lucida Console 36 which fills about 3/4 of my first monitor. It's stretched a bit as before, but very readable and acceptable. There are also some odd artifacts from the ASCI borders, etc. when I go off that and use raster fonts, but it isn't that noticeable.

Have you tried the differences between using older command.com versus newer cmd.exe?

In case this DOS window font thread help...
thread182-1441581

Was your reference to EGA40 a typo instead of EGA43?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back