Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FP26 Caused a divided error in module FP.exe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewsnow

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
PR
With Windows 95 all was fine. When installed Windows 98 second edition an error "FP26 Caused a divided error in module FP.exe" appears. Clicking continue and all functions very well. Only this message is present at start-up the program. If someone could helpme please write to ewsnow@isla.net, or post here. Thanks.

Check out the FAQ area of this forum.
Look for the FAQ on "Gray Error Box on Start Up"
The link points to the patchs to FPW to fix this problem.

faq182-0 [sig]<p>David W. Grewe<br><a href=mailto:Dave@internationalbid.net>Dave@internationalbid.net</a><br>ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644[/sig]

If your cpu is faster than 333mhz, there is a program called DZPATCH. It resolves the divide problem. I have a zip I can send to you.

ChetN
cwnewmansr@juno.com

I'm having the same problem - we upgraded from 95 to 98 and get a similar error. However, it doesn't specify the actual version. The error I get is this:

R6003
- integer divide by 0

run-time error r6001
- null pointer assignment

I've tried a patch from MS, but it didn't work. It's possible I'm running a ver <2.6 and that could explain why the patch didn't work. Is there a fix for versions <2.6? Any help is much appreciated. Please reply here.
Thanks.

Again, it's not the OS, but rather the speed of your new system. If it's a FPW 2.6 application and you are (now) running on a system faster than ~300MHz, go to - PATCH: Patch_26.exe Fixes Divide by Zero Error on Fast Computers, if you need to upgrade from 2.6 to 2.6a, go to .

Rick

Note: If it's a FPW2.5 application, there is no MS sanctioned fix, but you can do a web search for DZPATCH for a workable solution - there are a number of sites that offer this alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back