Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FP Server Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwire

MIS
May 18, 2002
US
Hi folks, I am fairly new to creating a full site in Dreamweaver. I am currently finishing up our company's redesign of the intranet. What I would like to know is if I need to install the Front page server extensions on the site under IIS. A friend of mine uses them but he created his site with Frontpage, another friend of mine did his all in Dreamweaver and isnt quite sure what the extensions do. Frankly neither do I for a dreamweaver site.

Thanks.
another reason I am asking this is that when I tried to install the extensions, it just sits there and says please wait while settings are applied. nothing happens after that. Might be the wrong forum for that though.

If you are not using Front Page Extensions, you probably don't need them.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back