Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FP 2002, XP Pro Disk Based Server/ Server Extentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

icewall1238

Instructor
Jul 2, 2003
US
I have FP 2002 and XP Pro. I have my webpage currently published via my computer and using a free dns host. I've gone to microsoft and downloaded the latest server extentions for FP. When I try to create a form, I get the nortbots.htm page. I've tried deleting the line and adjusting the code, but it still goes back.

I'm wondering if my problem lies within my OS? Do I need to be using 2000 Server, or NT Server to get the server extentions to work?

If not, then what should I do to get my server extentions to work properly??

Where do you have your web stored locally? You do have IIS running and the extensions installed, correct? You need to make sure that you have your web stored in the default directory, i.e.
when you open your web to work on it with FP you need to open it using the server based address like above, not a path like C:\Inetpub\
the nortbots page/code indicates that FP thinks you are working on a disk based web. It shoudl be removed when published to a server with extensions, so that tells me that you are probably treating this web as a disk based web by opening it with a path like C:\... instead of http:// and that you may not have it stored in the default directory for IIS.

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back