Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxpro Windows 2.6 Output Fonts & Alternate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostrowlaw

Technical User
Dec 4, 2009
US
I am using FPW 2.6 with old dBase/Foxpro handwritten programs, so I am just trying to get them to work under FPW 2.6, hoping to move later to VFP. The programs are hand written, using @say gets, etc, and I will need to hand write all of them.

First, I increased the size of the text in the menus by setting this command:
MODIFY WINDOW screen FONT "courier new",18
This made the screens large enough to read. However, the text output of database operations is coming out in small font in some Ariel or other font. How do I change the size and font for printed text output? I am not just talking about reports, but I also pour the data into hand-written forms which have always been in Courier 10 font.

Second, when I print, I set the following command: SET PRINTER ON PROMPT
This gives me the option (which was absent in FP 2.0) of selecting the printer for my output.
Is there a corresponding option to send the ALTERNATE output to? In other words, the standard command would be
SET ALTERNATE TO C:\FILENAME
The corresponding command would be SET ALTERNATE TO PROMPT which is not a documented command. I would like to be able to set the output file name and directory by using the windows facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back