Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxpro Virus Not Sure random text other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdole

Programmer
Nov 16, 2000
US
I support a Foxpro for DOS application. Yes, we should switch to a more modern application.

Some things that have happened.
1. Every 10 records has some weird error in it.
2. The dob field was getting random dates put into the field.
3. When I try to help them more problems crop up.
4. Today I sent a dos "Net Send" message and the message contents ended up in report from the application.
5. It seems like a virus but I cannot find one on anybody's computer.

Yes, I am replying to my own thread.

I think there may be a DDE running in the background?
I do not know how to phrase this. Here is what they say about it DDEPoke which used to exist.

=========== I don't know how to check to see if one is running ==============================================
Sends data between client and server applications in a dynamic data exchange (DDE) conversation.

DDEPoke(nChannelNumber, cItemName, cDataSent

[, cDataFormat [, cUDFName]])

Parameters
nChannelNumber
Specifies the channel number of the application data is sent to. If the channel number is a server channel, DDEPoke( ) sends the data in response to a request or a previously established notify or automatic link.

cItemName
Specifies the item name to which data is sent. The item name is application-specific and must be understood by the application. For example, Microsoft Excel supports R1C1 as a valid item name that refers to the first cell in a worksheet.

cDataSent
Specifies the data sent to the item name specified with cItemName.

cDataFormat
Specifies the format used to send the data. The default format is CF_TEXT. In this format, fields are delimited with tabs and records are delimited with a carriage return and a linefeed.

cUDFName
Allows asynchronous data transfer. If cUDFName is omitted, a client waits for the period specified with DDESetOption( ). If you specify the name of a user-defined function with cUDFName, client program execution continues immediately after the request is made.

When the data is available from the server application, the user-defined function specified with cUDFName is executed. The user-defined function is passed six parameters in this order:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back