Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FoxPro Uploads through SSMS Import Wizard on 64 bit server

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesierras

Programmer
Apr 7, 2008
US
We have SQL Server 2014 running on a 64 bit server. When using SSMS / Object Explorer / DatabaseName / Tasks / Import Data, I select the Visual FoxPro driver for my data source and I receive an error as soon as I select the properties button to locate my file. The same happens when I do Export Data to a FoxPro table. I'm thinking that this may be caused by the the VFP OLEDB driver being a 32 bit driver. Any suggestions for a good way to fix this. The solution needs to be something that can easily be used dynamically as opposed to requiring hard coded values and paths.

The ODBC driver hasn't been updated in even more eons. The import wizard seeems to use a feature unavailable in VFP OLEDB, but ODBC is not a solution, unless your data is in legacy dbfs.

Bye, Olaf.

I have this exact same issue for moving data both up and back....
there are a few writeups, but i have not found any of them to be successful

the only solution is a remove connection from foxpro

as a side note i do have the 64 bit Foxpro which i am told does have a 64 bit driver, but i have yet to install it on a machine to toy with

Fanz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back