Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxpro program conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeshield21

Programmer
Aug 13, 2014
PH
After i created a foxpro proram installer..
It come to my mind if that program will also can
be installed in an android device.

is it possible to convert VFP program into an apk file?
thanks..

The short answer is: No, VFP does not run on non-Windows platform (save VFP3 for MAC which was its last version). Now, there have been some other interfaces made to access data from VFP DBs in other systems, so that may be possible with something like FoxIn Cloud, or using web forms to access the data, but that's as helpful as I can be for this issue.

Best Regards,
Scott
ATS, CDCE, CTIA, CTDC

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

One of my clients has a couple of commercial, industry-specific Android Apps that I work on for them.

On a very basic level the Apps works like this
App <-> Web Service <-> VFP Data Tables

So No, the Apps themselves are not coming from a VFP application, but the data they utilize is.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

If you really want your program to run under Android, my advice would be to develop an Android version from scractch. Even if you could get a VFP program to run under Android (which it won't), there are so many fundamental differences between the platforms that it would be unlikely to be a satisfactory product.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back