Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxpro problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damby

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
CA
I am trying to get some results from Foxpro tables with VB6 but I keep getting results that make no sense.

I query an empty table and I get a recordset with 31 records, or I make a query between an empty table and a table with 21 records, using the DISTINCT keyword, and get a recordset with 400 and something records, and other results like that.

I even tried with a Dbase IV driver and I get the same results (at least some consistency...).

If I try the same queries in Access, querying the same tables, I get correct results.

I looked in the wrong results to see what was there and I can see records that I put there as tests and that I deleted a week ago. I deleted the cdx file just in case, but it changed nothing. I thought it might be with the connections strings, but according to every piece of information I can find, these are correct.

Some help would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back