Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxpro Applications on SBS 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLF74

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2007
US
I posted earlier this week about purchasing a new server. We are currently running SBS 2003 (no SP1) the new server is coming with SBS 2003 R2. We are doing a clean install - no migration.

My question is about 2 programs that are associated with foxpro. I know nothing of foxpro (yes, my boss knows this). They are moving away from these programs but that won't happen for another 2 months. Plus, they will need access to these old programs in the future for reference purposes. I don't want to put these programs on the new server. Is it possible to use the old server and map the users to it? I am not sure how that works with SBS only allowing 1 DC. Can I keep the SBS 2003 on the old machine and basically use it as a file server? How do I go about that with SBS 2003 installed?

Thanks!
Sarah

The old SBS server should at least be in another domain than the new one.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back