Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxpro 2.6 application failure under XP Service Pack 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtless

Programmer
Apr 16, 2010
CA
Hello;

We have several old applications developed and compiled under FP 2.6. They have remained stable despite their age until recently. A coworker has the primary applications installed on a relatively new machine running XP SP 3.

When executed there is a brief "splash", and then we're back to the desktop.

We tried forcing the program to run in Windows 95 and 98 compatible mode. We've tried the tmpfiles command (in Config.fpw) to ensure an available space for temporary files to reside. No success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to all.

D

Does the same thing occur when the application is run in Development mode (i.e. run from the FP2.6 Command Window)?

If so you could trace the execution and see where it 'blows out'.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Sounds like priviledges.
Where is the location for temporary files?

Is the working computer less than 3GHz and the non-working app on a computer 3GHz or faster? There were been reports about 6 years ago that the older FP versions (even with the 300MHz fix) couldn't work with computers that fast.

Could it be that it's failing on a root folder? As I recall, administrator rights wouldn't let a non-administrator write to root folders on C: drive.

Could FoxUser.DBF/FPT be corrupted or otherwise inaccessible?

See my old post with many other possibilities from 15 Nov 05 on this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back