Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fox pro 2.6 for dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

petreco

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
GB
I would like to see how the .exe files is compiled so that it can show me each menu which are linked.
i.e. I have front end menu that the user see's and then there are several sub menues within that.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, so I'll just provide some basics:
1) The menu designer creates a table (.MNX) with a memo field (.MNT) - all the menu's information is stored here.

2) When you either choose Generate off the menu, or you build a project with a menu, a program file (.MPR) is created. The program GENMENX.PRG is used to do this.

3) When you build an .EXE, the p-code used by the FoxPro runtime is build from compiling the .MPR file which logically creates a .MPX file that's part of the .EXE (or .APP) file - it's the equivalent of the .PRG's .FXP file. You can also get this .MPX file by simply compiling an .MPR file.

Now what's the question again?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back