Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fox 2.6 on Win 2k Print - Scale problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mduddy

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
I have a client successfully using Fox 2.6 for Windows on Windows 2000. The only problem now is one of her reports had been scaled to 71% to make all the columns fit. She has opened the report in design view, set scaling in the Page/Report Set up area, made a slight change to an object, and specifically saved the report. When she then immediately chooses to print OR preview, the scaling does not work. The columns remain truncated as before. When she reopens the report in design view, scaling is back to 100%. Any ideas?

When you say -- "one of her reports had been scaled to 71% to make all the columns fit. She has opened the report in design view, set scaling in the Page/Report Set up area" My question is "scaled" where?

I cannot remember ever seeing any percentage scaling parameter in my own Foxpro 2.6 for Windows Report Designer / Page Layout.. / Print Setup... area. So I went into it and checked again - pretty thoroughly. Nope, still not there.

Could it be that she is going through the Foxpro Report Designer - Page Layout... area and through that into the Windows Print Setup... and using that to set a Windows Printer Property for percentage?

If so, then the very simplistic Foxpro Print Preview would know nothing about a Windows printer parameter and how (or if) it behaved would be based on Windows, not Foxpro. Nor will the Foxpro Report Designer have any knowledge of it to display onscreen when opened for modifications.

Your best way of ensuring that you can get the columns to print on the paper would be to go into each field and set the field object's font to a value small enough to fit into your available paper "real estate" and then re-position your columns as necessary.

Good Luck,

JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back