Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FOWPROW error message - An erroe has occurred 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark0209

Technical User
Aug 4, 2001
US
Please note that I am a technical user and not necessarily a programmer.

I have several FowPro for Windows version 2.6 written applications that I have been running under Windows 98 for several years without any problems. I recently purchased a new PC running Windows 98 and tranferred the applications to this PC. Now when I run the progams (EXE files) I receive the following error message:

FowProw

An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway, click Ignore and save your work in a anew file. To quit this program, click Close. You will lose information entered since your last Save.

Close Ignore

If I hit Close it sure enough closes the program. If I hit Ignore the program starts and appears to run error free. This is happening in all the transferred programs.

My 'gut' tell me that something must be missing in a startup or ini file.

Any ideas? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi,
Look into the FoxUser.* files which are in your default working directory. You may be having a right protected ones. To change the attribute, in the directory DOS prompt... type the command...
ATTRIB -R FOXUSER.*

Another way is to delete these FoxUser.* files from the directory and let the application create it automatically when it starts next time. SO you will know if this is the problem. If you had used a CD recording and then transferred, the files could get transferred with attributes +R set. Hope this solves your problem.

Best of luck ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Mark,
If you've been running the .EXE's for 'Years', and you recently got a new machine, you may also want to check the patch on your FOXW2600.ESL file. I have encountered problems when moving to new machines, especially when the processor speeds go above 350. (If you were running a processor with a speed of less than 350 before, I'd almost guarntee this is the problem...) You can go to (do a search for FoxPro2.6), and get the latest patches for the .ESL, and .EXE's in Fox2.6.
Hope this helps,
-Scott

I have had the same problem and have just posted a message about it, not having seen this thread. I have tried microsoft support, but there are no downloads available for 2.6 on the uk support site.

This is a common problem for people running a machine faster than 333mhz.
DZPATCH is a download that will probably cure your problem. It is scattered all over the 'net but here is a place you can get it.

It also has instructions for using it.

Dave S.

Have just looked at microsoft.com/downloads in the full section and found a patch dated 26 Oct 1999, which appears to indicate it is a divide by zero problem on fast compters as DSummZZZ says. There is a patch there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back