Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FOUND A COOL WAY DO DESELECT OBJECTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

katcar

Technical User
Jul 17, 2002
US
ONE OF MY FELLOW CAD PERSONS JUST ACEDENTLY STUMBLED ON A COOL WAY TO DESELECT OBJECTS. INSTEAD OF HITTING ESC OR RIGHT CLICK AND CHOOSE DESELECT, JUST HOLD YOUR LEFT MOUSE BOTTON DOWN OVER THE OBJECT FOR A FEW SECONDS. IT WORKS FOR SINGLE OBJECTS AND MULTI OBJECTS. IT IS THE COOLEST THING EVER. DO I SOUND LIKE A CAD DORK OR WHAT
:) KAT

Surely this is just like the dragging of selected objects like the move command.You select the object then left click over the object,but you dont move anywhere,the object just deselects.Problem is you could be moving the selected object while you try this deselection method!

Hi Kat,
The solution you proposed is to difficult for me and takes to much time.
Why not press the shift-button and select the object which has to be de-selected?

Have fun!

Paul

Yeah, difinitely a cool alt. method but I prefer my ESC key since it's much faster.

It's not left-click, it's right-click. Unless it's different in 2002, which is what I use. I right-click anywhere on the screen and hold for a few seconds and the object or objects are deselected.

Both Left&Right-click works--executing the move command. But this method is too risky for me, and I'm too lazy to lift my left hand to hit ESC/Shift. Will stick to the Right-click>Deselect All method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back