Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

meloadri

Technical User
Apr 7, 2009
US
Every time a call goes to x36 and there is no answer, it goes to receptionist. I need it to go into VM. Can I get help doing that? Thanks

Turn on Auto VMS Cover for extension 36:

From x10 or x11, go to system programming (feature 0 0, then press left intercom twice)

Then enter #310, ext. 36, and press 1 to assign.

Press feature 0 0 to exit programming.

Dan

I checked x36 and it has 1-assigned. Maybe I explained it wrong! when x36 is called and there is no answer after 4 rings, it says "your call is being transfered" and the receptionist picks up.

Then it IS assigned to Auto VM Coverage, (or the Transfer Return Extension setting for the VM/AA ports are NOT set to 10) but there ISN'T a mailbox 36 in the system.

Call rings at 36, isn't answered, returns to VM, can't find a matching mailbox, "your call is being transferred", now transfers to Ext. 10.

Depending on the flavor of voicemail you have, create mailbox 36 and you're set.

It says that that extension is a transfer only extension. How do I change it to a mailbox extension?

It says that the extension is a transfer only extension, so if I delete, will I be deleting the extension or the mailbox?

Creating a New Mailbox

Create the Mailbox

1. Press "Chk Msg's"
2. Enter " 0-# " as your Mailbox Number
3. Enter " 1-2-3-4-5-6-# " as your Password
4. Press " 9 " for Programming
5. Press " 2 " for Extensions
6. Enter the Extension Number and " # "

If the system announces "This extension has Transfer Only capability", press " * 3 " to delete the current transfer only mailbox, then return to step 6

7. Press " 1 " to create the mailbox
8. Press " 9 " to set the phone status as "with a phone"

If you use the "Dial by Name Directory" feature, see the sheet on "Changing the Directory Listing", beginning at step 7

9. Press " * * 9 " to disconnect

Add Voice Mail Coverage to the Extension

At Extension 10 or 11:
1. Press " FEATURE-0-0 "
2. Press the LEFT-HAND INTERCOM button TWICE
3. Dial " #-3-1-0 "
3. Dial the Extension Number
4. Press " 1 "
5. Press " FEATURE-0-0 "

I followed the instructions in creating a mail box and it worked fine, thank you. I do have a question though. When I was doing "Add Voicemail Coverage to Extension", step 4 which is to press 1 to assign was already done in step 7. Are they the same?

They are actually different things. In the first step, you are just in the Voice mail programming. You create an extension Mail box. In the second step, adding the Voice mail coverage, You are in the phone systems programming. This programming is what makes your phone automatically go to the voice mail box that was just created. There are some instances that you may not want the call to go to the mailbox but would rather it go back to a receptionist that will ask if they would like to leave a message in the mailbox or possibly just have the message written by hand. In this instance the receptionist would have to use the voice mail transfer option in order to get it to go into the mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back