Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding to mobile 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswinnen

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
BE
Dear all,

I have a simple question for you (difficult for me :))

I have a IPO (remote site) with 1 incoming number and 4 phones, this number is routed to 1 group (all the phones are in that group).

Now something simple, the client asks me to provide the following:

They deliver a 24h service (via the incoming number) and they want to forward the external number to a mobile (nr can change) on a simple way (it must be possible to activate or deactive this manually).

I tried using the unconditional forwarding and enabling 'forward huntgroup calls' via PhoneManager on 1 of the extensions but the forwarding does not work (only the local phones keep ringing)

Can someone help me?

Thank guys!!

You need to create a second group (sequential or rotary not collective) with a virtual/phantom user in that is forwarded unconditionally to the mobile. Give them a button to put their usual group out of service and in fallback for that group set the out of service destination to the group you just created. To change the forward number have them login with Phone manager to the virtual user and change it that way or use manager.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

create a second hunt group

create a dummy user with unconditional forwarding and hunt group forwarding ticked, set to the mobile number. make the hunt group ring mode sequential

put the dummy user as the only user in the second hunt group

in the first hunt groups fallback tab set the out of service fallback group as the new group

add a button to the phones with a feature of set out of service group, (under emulation)

set the action data of the button to be the first group

when the button is pressed the group goes to out of service. calls the second hunt group and calls the mobile

do you have analogue or digital trunks?

The other phones in the group need to be logged out of the group for it to work.

The best way to do this though is to use VM pro with Audix mode.
This way you can use out calling. Then even if the out of hours mobile has no signal then the VM will keep calling until it gets an answer.#

No they don't. Who told you that?

You are assuming that the virtual user is in the first group, we said create a new group, setting the group to out of service will bypass that group regardless of each users state.

I agree

When I was typing you were too fast.
If they don’t want to create a fall back group and virtual users then the rest of the group can log out and set the forward that way.

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first group is collective.

Am going home.

Thanks guys!! you solved my problem, it seems to work perfectly!!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back