Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding to an Application (phone tree)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phone jockey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2016
CA
Hey guys, I have a Cs1k system in one location that needs to have staff look after the phones at another location on a seperate cs1k during the weekend. They both share the same call pilot. If i use the standard forward to the phone it will ring no problem but it tries to leave a vm when not answered and they get the user does not subscribe to VM. I understand that the original numbers are being carried to a different location that has separate location codes. I have tried to solve this by adding an application phone tree that they could forward the number to on the weekends and they could select 1 to talk to a person and it would be forwarded. press 2 and I used express messaging to go direct to the voice mail box in the second location so they can check missed calls. it works perfect from calling direct from the first location just how I want it, the problem is when it is forwarded from the first location it never reached the Application because it tries to dump to the voicemail. Is there a way i can program the phone to not carry the into keeping in mind it still needs to have VM during the week.

You could try to add the second extension as a shared user on the first extension mailbox that way when the message is left. The second extension can get the message indication and retrieve the voicemail from the first mailbox.

so I had it where the calls from Site A would SIP to Site B where the Callpilot was, and it prefixed the CLID to make it up to national format and I got the same "subscriber does not subscribe" message. I got around that by altering OCN & CLNG digits and call type in LD 86 CMDB, entries can be just against the RLI for the Voicemail number. If you are just trying to get the call to leave a voicemail for the last redirecting party then I think you just set ARDN to YES in the RDB of the trunk at site B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back