Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding sent items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducatista

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2006
US
I have a shared mailbox, "Purchasing", that 4 users have permissions to send from, but what I need is that when a user, for example, 'Bob' sends an email on behalf of purchasing, that that sent email goes to a folder inwhich all the users that use "Purchasing" can see. Right now when 'Bob' sends an email on behalf of "Purchasing" it goes into 'Bob's' sent mail folder - I know through the properties of the mailbox it allows you to redirect that another folder in 'Bob's' but I have not a way to redirect it a folder inwhich everyone can veiw (and I do not want to make all the users that send on behalf of "Purchasing" shared for everyone else to read). Do you know if there is someway to Bcc every email sent sent on behalf of "Purchasing"?

Thanks,
Ryan

How have your users got their Outlook setup to access the shared mailbox?????

In the Mail Setup Properties, under the Advanced tab, Outlook is setup to Open the additional mailbox "Purchasing". In the Exchange Server, the 4 users of the mailbox have rights of Full Mailbox Access, Read Premissions, and Change Permissions.

I vaguely remember having a similar issue - i think i solved it by allowing the users to view the From field in there outlook. And when they send a mail from the "purchasing" account, it comes from "purchasing" rather than from X on behalf - and im sure the Sent Mail goes to the Purchasing Sent Items folder instead of the users. Im not 100% on that one, it was a while ago - let me know if it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back