Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding ports to anotrher subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

f2b

Technical User
Jul 4, 2003
ES
Hi

I have two subnets behind an AG241 router. I can't do any forwarding to the second subnet as the forwarding page only shows the primary IP range. Is there a way to do this? I can't find any information on this.

I would like to VNC to a pc on the 2nd subnet.

Thanks
Andres

Can this be done ?

How are the 2 subnets being created? Are there 2 routers behind the AG241?

Hi

AG241 (192.168.5.1) is connected to a firewall wan port on 192.168.5.2/24. The firewall LAN port is 192.168.40.0/24 and also has another subnet 192.168.45.0/24 - both subnets are routed to the wan port and work for internet ok.

I need to VNC to machines on both subnets externally. The two subnets on on the same LAN switches and not separated.

Thanks
Andres

It would be much simpler if you had the 2nd subnet behind a 2nd router. In the first place, why do you have 2 subnets connected to the same switch? Why not just put all hosts on a single subnet?

If you had the 2nd subnet behind a 2nd router you would simply have to forward to the WAN port address of the second router and have it forward to the host on the second subnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back