Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant007

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
GB
Hi all,
I've read through lots of links looking for a solution to my problem.Forwarding problems come in looks of different flavours. Up until now I have had no issues with this but this one I can not get to work.
IP406, all digital handsets version 4 software. Voicemail is turned on for the extension, and they would like it forwarded to a mobile phone. When the forwarding unconditional is turned on and you phone the extension you recieve an engaged tone. I tried different forwarding numbers and I checked Inhibit off switch for system and user but still no joy.
Does anyone have any ideas

Are you using phone manager? I have just tried it on mine and it worked fine.

Do you need a 9 to dial out. Are the users putting this in?

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

They are not using Phone Manager and no they don't need a 9.
Like you I have had no issues with my own system and other sites, normally it just works.
But this particular site just dosen't ant to know.

Does this happen when you dial the extension internally, or by the DDI or both?

I will find out tomorrow and update you then

i have seen this with earlier versions, not anything above v4 tho. fix was to create a shortcode

e.g
Dial
"number to be forwarded to"

then forward the users to the shortcode.

not practical however if every user wants it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back